|Thank you to Two Writing Teachers for hosting this annual challenge.|
It's official. I am certified to give the PSSA. Here are my take-aways:
1. Make sure students have two sharpened #2 pencils.
2. Make sure calculators are clear before distributing them to students, and clear the contents after they are done.
3. Collect all electronic devices. (Not allowed during the test.)
4. Count test booklets and answer booklets in the presence of a test administrator. Teachers must carry the booklets and keep them secure and organized so that they do not fall into the trash or under a desk.
5. Make sure the test booklet and answer booklet numbers match for each student.
6. Read directions directly from the manual as they are written. Do not stray from the script.
7. Actively monitor students during testing, but don't look at the test items.
8. Do not help students with test items.
9. Return test booklets to test administrator, counting them in his or her presence.
10. Be positive and encouraging! This is students' opportunity to "Show what they know!"