Saturday, September 5, 2009

Starting Over

This blog began as an assignment for an Educational Technology course two years ago. I posted academic pontifications related to the integration of technology in the classroom. The irony was that at the time I took the course, I was not in the classroom. Consequently, I deleted those long and purely theoretical posts.

I named this blog "Starting Point" because at the time, I had never blogged, and I was starting to get my educational career back on course. Since that time, I have returned to the world of teaching, with real live students. My first year back into the workforce in 11 years, last year was a blur of DIBELS, Rti, Title I Math, graduate courses, and induction meetings, with all of the usual chaos of living in a household with 3 children, a husband, a dog, and a cat (well, for part of the year, as she passed away during the winter, but I digress...). Needless to say, I didn't have too much time to devote to blogging, so I am now on year two back to work.

My purpose for this blog is to reflect on my career, home life, and the balance between the two. I've been reading The Energy To Teach by Donald Graves, and he suggests journaling as a way to document what activities give energy and which drain it away. I thought that instead of a traditional journal, this blog may provide the medium I need to keep track of it all.

My goal is to write at least one entry per week. This week, I had in-service training. Enough said.

Students begin on Tuesday. I can't wait for their energy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments or feedback. I welcome your words! :)